Decorative Concrete by Sunset Magazine is a beautiful how-to book on building pathways around your home and more.
10 out of 10 stars. This book is good for just about any concrete project you can imagine and there’s a lot of variety here. Even if you’re doing a basic walkway or sidewalk, this is the book that will help you work with concrete.
Sections in the book:
- Uses of concrete inside and outside your home
- Components that make up concrete
- Colors and coloring concrete (stains, paint, etc)
- Adding aggregates for texture
- Inlays and mosaics
- Problems with concrete (mostly cracking) and solutions
- Mixing concrete (a huge section with tons of photos)
- Patterns and finishes
- Prints and molds
- Projects including 3 countertops, a countertop with sink, a sink, a mantel, a decorative floor topping, a garden path, a sidewalk, a garden bench, a table, a tabletop, a planter, a hypertufa planter, two more planters, a fountain, a pedestal, and projects from molds
I’m not experienced with concrete, but even if I was, I can’t imagine anything this book wouldn’t explain for me. It’s that inclusive.
10 out of 10 stars. This is a very thorough, very user-friendly book that’s well-organized and beautifully-photographed. There are some great videos on YouTube that show you how to work with concrete and molds.
Leave a Reply